Visit Of The Chairman Of The Imperial Palestinian Orthodox Society
On November 7, 2019, during a working visit to the Rostov region, the Resurrection Cathedral was visited by the Chairman of the Imperial Palestinian Orthodox society Sergey Stepashin, where he met with the senior priest Valery Voloshchuk.
Chairman of the Architectural and Art Commission of the Rostov-on-don diocese, head Of the Department for relations between Church and society, senior priest of the Army Cathedral of Christ Resurrection Valery Voloshchuk told about the history of the church, about the work done to restore it.
The Imperial Orthodox Palestinian Society provided all possible assistance for the improvement of the Cathedral. Thanks to the efforts of Sergei Stepashin, the Church was heated, which allowed the sacred rites to be held at a comfortable temperature for the parishioners. The Army Cathedral of Christ Resurrection is the main architectural landmark of Starocherkassk, a monument of history and culture of Federal importance. The first stone cathedral on the don was opened in 1719.
The church was visited twice by Patriarch Alexy II and Patriarch Kirill. In memory of his visit in October 2015, His Holiness Patriarch Kirill donated an icon of the Intercession of the blessed virgin Mary to the cathedral.
In the spring of 2016, the parish of St. George took care of the Army Cathedral of Christ Resurrection. From this day on, with the blessing of the senior priest of the temple, sisterhood and active parishioners regularly visit the village Starocherkasskaya, where they carry out extensive work on the reconstruction of the historic appearance of the cathedral and bell tower. Sergei Stepashin and father Valery discussed prospects for cooperation within the Imperial Orthodox Palestinian Society, as well as other issues of mutual interest. In the end, the parties exchanged memorable gifts.
Based on the IPOS website